This post may contain affiliate links which means I can earn commssion at no extra cost to you.
Growing up, I didn’t understand the point of New Years. It was just another day to my family. I also didn’t understand the point of a New Years resolution because we should always be setting goals for ourselves. Now, I understand what it’s all about. It’s about hope. Hope for a new beginning and a fresh start. Hope for something new in your life that can push you toward your dream and a better life. Yes, we should always set goals for ourselves, but New Years gives us a starting line, a benchmark.
I did a lot of thinking about what it is I want to accomplish this year and made sure these goals were realistic and attainable; however, I wanted them to be difficult enough to be worth it. Here is my list:
- In my entire life, the most amount of pull-ups I’ve been able to do was 15, but that needs to change. I want to reach 23 pull-ups this year.
- Going down the career plan that I intend, fixing my run time is a must. The best 3 mile run time I have completed was 21:35. I’m also no where near that now. Nevertheless, I want to strive to attain an 18:00 3 mile run.
- I want to lose weight; however, still gain strength and be healthy. I want to reach a healthy and lean weight of 185 pounds.
- Lately, my wife’s and my finances have not been what they should be, so in order to get where we want in life we need to get rid of our debt. I want to cut our debt in half.
- Reading is extremely important and I haven’t been making it a priority in my life. I want to read at least 1 book per month.
- I want to improve this site and increase the audience that I post to. I want to have 250 followers on both Twitter and Facebook and 100 on WordPress.
- To improve this site and to reach more people, I think videos is the next way to go. I want to learn how to produce videos and make a minimum of 1 this year.
- I want to get promoted this year and I want to get promoted early.
- I’m almost completed with earning my Bachelor’s degree, but I still have 8 or so classes to go. I want to complete 6 classes with an A.
- I’ve never been a good swimmer and I’ve always been afraid of the water. I want to get over my fear of water and improve my swimming. On top of that, I want to teach my 2 year old daughter to swim.
- It is my wife’s and my intention to get our two year old potty trained. I want to potty train my 2 year old before Summer.
- We’ve always been big on traveling; however, we haven’t been to the spot everyone goes to here in Fort Worth. I want to travel and explore the Stockyards of Fort Worth.
- Last, but not least, the most difficult goal to measure is to get organized.It is my intention to give weekly and monthly updates on how well I am doing on these goals and I hope you can do the same. Please comment below with your top 3 goals of the year. Everyone loves the challenge, so I challenge you to accomplish all your goals this year.